Do you feel like your child is not at the same level as their siblings or peers with their speech, reading, writing or social skills? For speech therapy, Newcastle residents can find help with Educare. We also operate out of several other locations, like Charlestown and Lake Macquarie.
Key indicators that show children’s difficulties with speech and communication can range from simply having difficulties being understood by those around them and poor listening skills, to frustration at failing to convey their point of view, or getting muddled and confused when finding the right words in longer conversation.
A speech therapist at Educare can help your child improve their speech, and their reading and writing skills. Your child will start to enjoy learning new things, develop better relationships with other children and adults, and gain new confidence at school, which helps to lead to improved results.
What to Expect from our Therapy
What we specialise in:
- Speech: If your child is having trouble speaking clearly or pronouncing words then our qualified speech pathologists can help.
- Language/understanding: If your child is having trouble understanding instructions, understanding ideas and general conversation or can’t communicate their thoughts effectively, then we can help improve their communications skills.
- Literacy: If your child is having trouble reading and writing we can help with rapid improvement of their comprehension skills and writing skills.
- Social Skills: Does your child have trouble making new friends? We can help with your child’s understanding of social situations, both verbal and non-verbal information, helping your child’s ability to make new friends
- Fluency/Stuttering: If your child is stuttering? We can help them speak more fluently and with greater confidence
No referral is needed for Speech or OT therapy. However, the clinician will assess if your child/you are eligible for the Chronic Disease Care Plan that provides a Medicare rebate of $55 for five annual sessions with a Speech and Occupational Therapist. Please note it is a total of 5 sessions with a speech therapist or occupational therapist; OR 5 sessions divided between the two clinicians if the client needs to see both clinicians.
Book an appointment for attentive & patient speech therapy
Educare can help if you or a family member require a speech therapist. Newcastle, Charlestown, Lake Macquarie, and Maitland families all have access to our speech therapy services for children and teenagers.
We don't just offer speech pathologists. At EDUCARE, families also have access to extensive services in our paediatric clinic, including child psychology. For more information, or to book an appointment, please contact us today by calling (02) 4067 3753, or leave your details on our easy to complete contact page, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.