Paediatrics | Psychiatry | Psychology | Speech-Language Pathology | Occupational Therapy | Educational Support
EDUCARE was established in 1999 and has since developed into a multi-disciplinary practice that brings many related specialist medical, health and educational services into one location for the convenience of families in Newcastle and the Hunter Region.
While we work with clients of all ages, we specialise in helping children and teenagers to enhance their development potential and wellbeing. Our services include a comprehensive range of assessments, diagnostic and treatment to support families.
Our team is highly experienced and works together to empower children and teens to overcome mental, emotional, social and behavioural roadblocks.
When you book an appointment, you can expect genuine care and a personalised approach to improving health and quality of life for yourself and your child.
Our values are shaped and informed by our beliefs and commitments to:
- Inclusiveness – We respect all people, value diversity and are committed to equality.
- Participation – We recognise and value the contribution people with disabilities make within organisations and communities.
- Quality – We strive for excellence through continuous improvement
- Openness – We are committed to a culture of teamwork and collaboration with all our stakeholders and families.
- Innovation – We create and respond to innovative practices that will enable our people to flourish.
- Honesty & Integrity – We are committed to honesty and integrity in all that we do, in all that we say, in all that we create.
- Empathy – We seek to understand and support people facing varying challenges in life with care and responsibility.
- Accountability – We strive to be transparent and accountable in all that we do and do not do.
- Respect – We respect and value the uniqueness of all people by what we do and say.
Dr Bruce R Youlden
BA; BEd; MA; MA; Ph.D
Dr Bruce Youlden took on the administrative responsibilities as the Managing Director of EDUCARE Specialist Services in January 2019. Following on from a career of 42 years in Educational Leadership settings, Bruce is now directing his energies towards the continuing growth and development of EDUCARE as a multi-disciplinary medical, health and educational practice.
Dr Anne-Marie J Youlden
BA; MA; MA; Ph.D; MAPS
Educational & Child Psychologist
Dr Anne-Marie Youlden commenced her professional life as a primary teacher in 1982, with subsequent training and experience as a School Psychologist and Counsellor, Special Educational Consultant and over the past 25 years
Based in Newcastle and serving the Hunter Region, our medical and health specialists include paediatricians, psychiatrists, psychologists, speech-language pathologists, occupational and behavioural therapists.
Dr Ulli Schall
Dr Ulrich Schall has many years of experience working with young people affected by mental illness, which is complemented by a substantial track record in mental health research at the University of Newcastle’s Priority Centre for Brain and Mental Health Research.
David completed his Bachelor of Psychology degree at the University of Newcastle. Following on from his degree, David has gained a wealth of knowledge and experience working with complex children and adults who present with a range of mental disorders including
Gabrielle is a valued member of the speech pathology team having worked in both the public and private sectors providing assessment and intervention to children and adults across the lifespan. Her previous experiences in educational settings as well as the disability sector have developed her passion for treating clients with learning delays.
Hannah is a passionate Speech and Language Pathologist with an experienced background in working with a range of clients and families from young children through to adults. Hannah understands the importance of working closely with families to develop client focused goals to assist with and improve communication.
Alysha graduated with Honours in Occupational Therapy from the University of Newcastle in 2012. It was during her final clinical placement at the John Hunter Children’s Hospital where she developed a strong passion for working with children.
EDUCARE continues to grow and develop as one of the leading multi-disciplinary medical-health practices within the region. Expansion plans are now unfolding to provide additional opportunities to join our team over coming months.
What Positions Are Available?
The following positions represent a unique opportunity to join our team of highly skilled specialists who provide unparalleled care to patients and support families within our community.
Specifically, we are currently calling for expressions of interest to fill the following positions:
- Consultant Psychiatrist
- Clinical Psychologist Coordinator
- Clinical or General Psychologist
- Paediatric Occupational Therapist
Why Join Us?
- Exceptionally competitive salary and terms of employment – We also include additional performance bonuses, various leave entitlements, professional development and supervision
- Flexibility and Balance – We are able to offer both full time and part-time hours with flexible modes of delivery
- Unique Development Opportunities – We provide internal and external mentorship, tailored training budgets and support individual progression and interests
- Premium Treatment Resources – With cutting edge and innovative equipment and facilities, you will seamlessly be able to provide exceptional levels of care to your patients
- Administrative Support is available to allow you to focus on your core clinical responsibilities
If you are ready to take the next step in your career with an industry leader apply now and send your resume and cover letter attached to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, feel free to contact Dr. Youlden directly on mobile: 0414788898
Frequently Asked Questions
EDUCARE was established in 1999 by Educational and Child Psychologist, Dr Anne-Marie Youlden. It has since developed into a leading multi-disciplinary practice designed to bring many related specialist medical, health and educational services into one location for the convenience of families in the Hunter Region.
The EDUCARE team consists of a wide range of highly experienced medical and health specialists, who all work together to empower our clients and their families.
Our specialists include paediatricians, psychiatrists, psychologists, speech-language pathologists, occupational therapists and teachers.
You may have observed that your son or daughter has the potential to perform at least equal to peers, perhaps even better, but for some reason they do not seem to reach their potential.
Similarly, you may feel as an adult that you are encountering a range of difficulties that are creating barriers to your emotional, mental or professional well-being.
EDUCARE can help because it has the specialist professional expertise to identify both the barriers and potential solutions to enhance well-being and learning and every-day living
EDUCARE provides a comprehensive range of assessments, diagnostic and treatment services
We take a fully integrated approach, meeting family needs by working closely with referring medical practitioners, health professionals and educators
EDUCARE provides a range of target services and programs to meet the varying needs of individuals and families. You can contact us for Pre & Post Natal Counselling, Autism Spectrum Management, Social and Behaviour Intervention Programs, Parent Training, Medico-Legal Matters and WorkCover Support.
EDUCARE is conveniently located and accessible in meeting community needs throughout Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Lower and Upper Hunter, Port Stephens, Central Coast and the Northern NSW Region.
For more information or to arrange an appointment, please contact us.